CALL FOR POST-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP/COURSE PROPOSALS
The Scientific Program Committee for the 2016 Conference of the International Society for Environmental Epidemiology invites proposals for post-conference workshops/courses to be held on Sunday, September 4, 2016. This is the day after the last day of the ISEE 2016 meeting.
Post-conference workshops are designed to be tutorials on a topic of interest to conference attendees, or an opportunity for interaction around an emerging issue in environmental epidemiology. Some of the topics that students and new researchers that attended past conferences have expressed interest on are:
- statistical approaches for assessing health effects of environmental chemical mixtures
- high dimensional data in environmental epidemiology
- application of traditional and causal methods in mediation analysis
- use and applications of R statistical software, and
- how to better communicate and engage with the public about rapidly evolving research associated with environmental health sciences and epidemiology.
However, we encourage the submission of proposals related to other environmental epidemiology and methodological topics.
These workshops are differentiated from “side meetings” that conference attendees or allied groups may wish to organize before or after the official conference. As opposed to the post-conference workshops, conference organizers can facilitate logistics for these “side meetings” but will not handle registration or other details.
SUBMITTING POST-CONFERENCE WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
These workshops are open to all conference participants during registration, until they reach a pre-set limit of attendance.
Workshops can be half-day (9.00-12.30) or full day (9.00-17.00) in length. These events will be bookable on the conference registration website. Conference organizers will collect fees directly and provide organizational support for all workshops. The fee for post-conference workshops will cover the cost of a room with AV support at the conference venue, as well as coffee and beverages during the meeting. If your workshop has additional expenses for participant materials and supplies, the workshop can charge an additional amount to cover these expenses. Ordinarily, speakers/organizers do not receive any honoraria or reimbursement for travel expenses.
The organizing committee will review workshop proposals for coherence with the conference goals.
To propose a workshop, please provide the following information:
- Title of workshop.
- Contact Information for proposed workshop (including name, affiliation, email, mailing address, and phone number for all presenters with primary contact listed first).
- Purpose of the workshop including specific learning objectives.
- Target workshop audience.
- Specify whether workshop will be half-day or full day in length.
- Minimum number of participants (Courses which have not achieved 85% of this registration by the time of the discounted registration deadline may be cancelled.)
- Maximum number of participants.
- Anticipated per-attendee fee for participants to cover materials and supplies.
- Audiovisual requirements.
- Room set-up requests.
- Detailed description of your event (including workshop format and list of speakers).
Please email a PDF document of your post-conference workshop proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ISEE 2016 Post-Conference Workshop Proposal” in the subject of the email.
The deadline for submissions is March 10, 2016. You should receive an email confirming receipt of your proposal within 1-2 working days.
We anticipate decisions regarding workshops to be provided by April 30, 2015.
Questions or concerns should be directed to the attention of: email@example.com